Friday 29 October 2010

Goodbye to Mikal.

Well on October the 16th Lau, Danny and myself in 'travel' to see Mikal, a volunteer who is coming to the need of her placement. Of course this was a time to reminisce, talk about ow things are going, and as all good volunteers know a good time to go and see how many things can be pillaged so you do not have to buy anything for yourself.

I got plates, knives, forks and spoons. Some Hot Chocolate which was disgusting and out of date and made me vomit. 100's of DVD's (and they work) and a map of Flores, which is out of date, made in 1993, but this is the kind of thing which is impossible to find here.

First shock we had was Mikal explaining that she received water once a week, so she has to be quite careful with her water storage. Also she had to contend with scorpions and Geko's the size of mini Komodo dragons.

I was excited as once again I thought I would see the beach. On arrival Mikal explained the unfortunately the beach was 17 km's away. However plenty of beer was drank, we had the option of tequila but opted out as none of us wanted to be sick of the journey to Bajawa the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment